Thursday, March 15, 2012

Where do I begin?


Someone asked me this week how we were feeling in our preparation to travel...where do I begin?

Leaving tomorrow means getting much closer to holding my littlest man who is almost 10 months old. He began crawling about 2 weeks ago, so I plan on doing a little chasing too. Traveling means being able to have a picture of him, with his parents also in it! It means being able to actually touch him to let him know I care. It means meeting the angels who have cared for him and all his friends in my absence. It means grieving for his biological father who had to make the greatest of sacrifices. It means leaving behind all the others in his biological family and orphanage family whom I cannot also take with me. It means a trip to AFRICA! a spiritual journey, a great exploration, a grand adventure. It means leaving behind two other adorable and super fun boys whom we will miss greatly. It means wishing we could take them along, and yet it also means giving great thanks for grandparents who will take fabulous care of them so we don't have to take them along!.. I am excited. I am scared. I am ecstatic. I'm nervous. I'm sad. I'm in disbelief. In short, I feel like it would be appropriate to just throw up! :) The ladies at the adoption office tell me that this all sounds about right.

Stay tuned. I can't wait to actually be allowed to share pictures of his darling face with all of you. Blessings to all of YOU for caring about my family. And so begins a new chapter...

3 comments:

Mary-Margaret Scholtens said...

We are overjoyed with your great news! Jay and I will be lifting you up in prayer now and in the days to come as you walk in faith and obedience and continue to build the family God has planned for you. Can't wait to see your newest child! Such exciting and wonderful news!

Love, Jay and Mary-Margaret

Lynae S said...

You were in my thoughts and prayers a lot today. I will pray very specifically for peace as you travel. What a great adventure and how cool that you finally get to meet your little babe. I can't wait to see a picture of you holding him! He is already so loved and blessed...what a wonderful family he is receiving!

Andrea H. said...

It's ok to puke Whit! :) Our family is lifting you up in prayer as you depart on this leg of your journey. We pray God prepares the way for you and Kurt as you travel and experience new places and meet new faces, for the boys and thier week away from mom and dad and that your 'lil man in Africa feels an immediate bond with his new amazing parents. You're going to Africa, yippee, no more waiting, it's here!! I cannot wait to see pictures of you guys together, in the flesh, you get to hold and kiss and squeeze your son. Amen for that! Love you guys